Friday 22 April 2016

Banana Island - 16/04/2016

Dive pool
So, with a lay over in Qatar, I was staying in Anantara's Banana Island Resort. I was wondering how to while away the hours when I noticed they had a little diver training pool.

Curious, I popped into there dive shop and had a chat. After 5 minutes I was signed up to do a shallow dive along with a youngster who was doing a PADI Junior Scuba Dive.

The promise I was sold was poor visibility and very little life and not very deep - quite the package. However I was looking to while away the hours so I explained I don't mind poor vis and limited life - I'm from Scotland. :)

I dived it in a 3mm wetsuit, but with a water temperature of around 25c, I could of skin dived it!

Now the visibility was rubbish 2-3m depending on how much silt the wee guy kicked up, but there was a selection of life that was quite interesting. Sadly, my memory card, still full from two weeks in Viet Nam, clogged up before we found the good stuff.

Lot's of large grouper, a few different nudi's and flat worms. A great way to spend 50 minutes!


Swan Battle Boat

Grouper

No comments:

Post a Comment