Friday 4 April 2014

Who Framed Fast Ed? - 03/04/2014

Fast Ed has been travelling the globe as part of his role as an International Weegie* of Mystery. So, when he thought that Laura's van trouble was going to scupper his chances of a first dive in a few weeks he was gutted. However, like a sexy scuba diving Jessica Rabbit, I stepped forward and went with Ed to the A-Frames.

By the time I arrived Ed had mostly kitted up, so I raced to catch up. At one stage I realised I'd left my 3Kg pony counter weight at home, but Ed had two spare 2Kg shot pouches that I stuffed into a BCD pocket. It was strange though, it just wasn't what I'm used to. As such, by the time we entered the choppy water I was feeling a bit uneasy and unbalanced.

Dropping down to about 10m I took a few moments to adjust my straps and let myself get comfortable, before heading out to the A-Frames. We did three of the Frames, at one point (23.4m) disturbing a small group of scallops, some of whom leapt for joy at our presence.

The return swim was very pleasant spotting a couple of butterfish, a small flat fish and a big pinkish fish that I never snapped and have yet to identify.


Colour clusters

Square go

Worms

Butterfish
Flat fish


* Weegie is a derogatory term used by some people to describe the inhabitants of Glasgow. An abbreviation of Glaswegian, it has now been somewhat taken to our hearts and is used as a term of endearment.

No comments:

Post a Comment