Saturday 7 February 2015

I first met TDFKAMF on a boat at the Farne Islands. He was a scub-noob suffering from seasickness. I offered him some 'stoogs' He also supported Partick Thistle - as do I. I remembered being at a similar stage a year or so before so I offered to take him to few sites after that day.

It was an inglorious start, as I foolishly took him to a place that was probably a little beyond what he was ready for, but he got through that night and we did a few more dives. I christened him Mr Fallsoveralot because he stumbled a fair bit in the early days under the weight of the kit, but in fairness to him he found his feet on land and underwater. So I renamed him The Diver Formerly Known As Mr Fallsoveralot (TDFKAMF).

Tonight, a coincidental year after that night at Glen Douglas Road End, we headed to the Council Yard, Loch Fyne. TFKAMF had never dived the site and was keen to try something new, Moreover, after a false start earlier in the week tonight was to be his 100th dive.

We kitted up and plopped into the water  - the visibility was great. We headed down to the reef where we took some pictures of:


  • Nudis
  • Scorpion fish
  • Prawns
  • Squaties

We returned up the reef to the training area before heading out after 57 minutes. I think he enjoyed it.

Highland dancer

Dead man's finger

Short squad squat lobster

Shrimp

Prawn

The $100 man

No comments:

Post a Comment