Sunday 19 November 2017

The Rush to Africa - 17/11/2017

When a buddy asked me to do a couple of dives on a Friday night so he could get to 96 dives, to enable his 100th dive in South Africa I greed. However, he wasn't an experienced night diver. so I asked around and found a third buddy to join us. I'd never met the guy but he had some PADI training and also GUE training. That was good enough for me to know that he was at least competent in the water with the right kit!

We met up....late and with new time constraints headed to the A-Frames. We did the first the dive which Gooey Ryan declared was the best he'd ever had at the site, Apparently, despite diving here with numerous instructors he'd never explored much further than the big frame.

I chuckled internally when he asked me what heading I'd taken to get to each of the frames. I haven't used a compass at that site in about four years. :)

We spotted a conger, sea lemon, cuttlefish, deeplet anemone - there was some good stuff on show.

I emerged and my left ear was gubbed, but Gooey Ryan was good enough to take Michael in for a quick second. Everyone was happy.

96 en route to Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment