Tuesday 21 January 2014

Concerning Buddies

Let me start by saying that I’m easy when it comes to dive buddies I’ll dive with almost anyone so long as they have a valid cert and they’re diving safely within their limits. I’m ambivalent to the issuing agency.

My wife - Gillian - dives, but getting her into the water of Scotland is far harder than the Carribean or Red Sea where she has proven that she’s a cracking wee diver. She does occassionally dive here in Scotland, but getting her to forego a roller derby training session is tough. As such since October, I’ve dived with 9 buddies, but most often with Laura.

Since first meeting Laura (a PADI Divemaster no less) on a dive trip to the Farne Islands she’s become my de facto buddy.

Naturally, we pimp ourselves out to other dive buddies (it is, afterall, an open buddy relationship), but underwater we like the same things - easy going, hassle free dives teeming with life.


Laura and scallop

2 comments: