Thursday 16 January 2014

Thursday Night Dive - 9th January, 2014

So last Thursday's dive to Loch Long's Twin Piers was a conger-fest. I have no good photo's as my camera was set to dive in blue water, which ultimately meant they were all the wrong colour, but rest assured, the eels came out to play.

It was my usual Thursday night buddy Laura who partnered me and we were accompanied by Andrea, Alistair and Edgar. I'll introduce them all properly in due course - it would be rude not to.

It was cold, particularly above 7m, with my computer recording a dishonestly warm 6c, but as we went deeper (around 20m) it warmed up to a toasty 11c. Thankfully I had my favourite Fourth Element Arctics and my number one 5/7mm Waterproof hood. On the downside I need new gloves.

This was the only decent photo I took.  I think they are the egg sacks of Dog Whelks which are relatively common at this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment