Tuesday 1 May 2018

Bahamarama -15/04/2018

OK, I've been a bit remiss. I've done a lot of dives and not blogged. Now it seems I'm playing catch up. So let me bring you up to speed.

1. I qualified as a ScotSAC dive instructor
2. I bought a new camera and I've been using it.
3. I'm approaching 500 dives.
4. I went to the Bahamas.

So you're now up to speed.

Yeah, the Bahamas. Like many people I had seen the adverts in dive magazines with beautiful pictures of sharks in azure waters with glossy writing advertising Stuart Cove's aquatic adventures. I wanted to see the sharks for myself. So when the opportunity arose thanks to a cheap flight flight from Scotland to Miami and another cheap flight across to Nassau the game was on.

I ended up doing six dives with Stuart Cove's, they were pretty pricey averaging about $75 per dive. That was 4 reef 'n' wreck dives, one 'natural' encounter swimming with sharks before they were fed and a shark feed.

Let's cut a long story short, the coral and reefs and fish life in the Bahamas were distinctly average. However, they have sharks (Caribbean and Nurse), lots of sharks. And that's why I went. And speaking to the other divers that's why they were there too.

So from that perspective it was pretty good, but given I bought a new camera I'll let you judge for yourself.


Flamingo Tongue


Porthole


No comments:

Post a Comment