Monday 7 May 2018

The King & I - 24/05/2018

So with a trip to Rocky & Zabargad on the horizon the Kingmaker was back in the water giving his kit a nice 30m shake down. I was driving so I got to pick the site and as I hadn't been to Drishaig in about a year that was where I chose. We kitted up in some pretty stormy weather before heading down the old fisherman's path and into the water.

The Kingmaker had forgotten his primary torch and my old primary was, er, out of action after a mishap a few weeks before. So between the two of us we had a cumulative total of about 800 lumens of light.  That wouldn't stop us. Afterall, we're tough folk up here. It would, however,  limit our ability to spot life. As it was, the life found us.

There were nudibranchs, firework anemones, a sea mouse, and all kinds of little critters. And the vis?! Despite being stormy and brown on the surface under 5m it was pretty clear - easily 5m, but dark.

After about 40 minutes we surfaced and made our way back. All in all a pretty decent shakedown. Roll on May!!

Highland Dancers


Sea mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment