Saturday 10 May 2014

A last Gasp Dive - 07/05/2014

Late in the day, while I was still at work, I got a message from Mr Fallsoveralot asking if I fancied a dive. The weather was tolerable I said yes and asked The Zookeeper (who'd been off work all week) to come along too. With a late departure, we headed to the A-Frames for a cheeky dip.

Once there we found a few divers at the site including Sergeant Chris. I got the impression that one of the guys was quite inexperienced when he told me the visibility was really poor and you couldn't see anything. He had also lost his buddy's and swum back to shore alone. I feared the worst after that encounter but we pressed on. 

Mr Fallsoveralot finally managed to put on his own fins for the first time. As all drysuit divers will tell you, the first time you accomplish that task is an achievement. Moreover, he never fell over once, I'll need a new nickname soon. Well done Grant! 


Diving down we found the visibility to between 2-3m - not great, but not what we'd been led to believe. We had  a really pleasant relaxed dive down to 18m for 47 minutes. Not bad for a last minute decision. I never took many pictures.

Starfish

Mr Fallsoveralot

Mr Fallsoveralot & The Zookeeper

Moody Loch Long (This is an unedited picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment