Monday 12 May 2014

An Unexpected Journey Part 2 - 08/05/2014

I'm assuming you read Part 1, so I'll just continue with the narrative....

We came ashore high as kites because, regardless of what people think, we had just enjoyed an excellent little adventure. With Fast Ed set to continue our adventure, we prepared to dive the regular St Catherine's dive site. We entered the water determined to find some Conger Eels.

Dropping down to around 20m we stumbled across a lovely red cushion star before finding a large but shy conger eel. However, the dive highlight for the Zookeeper and Fast Ed was a spooked catshark that swam straight at my face. Naturally, I jumped. Even underwater I could hear Ed and Laura laughing. I felt like Matt Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss' character from Jaws) when he finds the remains on the Orca.



Matt Hooper - The reason why most of us dive

Then came the edible crabs. A couple of them roaming freely over the reef. I've never seen that before. The carry-on continued as Ed unleashed his true inner self as he wrapped a length of seaweed round his neck like a Eurovision-esque feather boa - it seemed appropriate.



Edible crab

Jaws

Comb Jelly

Cushion star

Conger eel

Cushion star

No comments:

Post a Comment