Saturday 18 October 2014

Slate-Ed - 17/10/2014

With both of us off work Fast Ed and I decided we'd north to the Slates, Loch Leven. This was Ed's first trip to the Slates since the fateful day in 2013 when we first met. Our plan was to dive the point in dive 1 and the bay in dive 2 at night. This was also Ed's first dive since being mounted and sexually assaulted by a seal the week before - he still bore the scars.

Diving round the point we saw lot's of fish. They included:

  • Female cuckoo wrasse
  • Ballan wrasse
  • Rock cooks
  • Mackerel
  • Cod
  • Bib
  • Pollack

I even caught a glimpse of the male cuckoo wrasse, but it was towards the end of the dive and I couldn't chase it for a photo.  :(

The second dive (in the dark) saw a more varied selection of life, but it also saw me fill up my memory card (I'd forgotten to remove video from a previous dive). Fortunately Ed was able to photograph an excellent nudibranch, a scorpion fish and some other life too. I've not seen his snaps yet.


Seal stains

Lady cuckoo wrasse

Dead mans fingers
Feather star

Northern sunstar

Common sunstar

Cuttlefish


No comments:

Post a Comment