Sunday 29 May 2016

Leeds Reunited - 29/05/2016

Regular readers may recall that I, along with some friends, went to Egypt where I met load of great diving folks. Well, this weekend the guys from Scuba Leeds were coming up to my patch for some shore diving. Being the friendly person I am, I offered to meet up with them and take them round some local sites.

In total there were around 12 of them which limited our options considerably. so the plans had to be ammended and condensed into a couple of dives at St Catherines (Saturday) and a couple at Finnart (Sunday) when I was joined by Jester.

Saturday started well with me teaching Josh from Leeds how to spot nudibranchs, while on a nice deep route around the reef. By the end of the day the score was 4 nudis to Josh and 6 to me with two seamice.

I'm not sure if it was the variety of life or the constant, reliable mediteranean West of Scotland weather, but I think a few of the Leeds people were starting to consider moving to Scotland and if the weather on the Sunday held up the deal would be done. As it was Poseidon was smiling on the Leeds divers and by the time we kitted up at Finnart on the Sunday people were rushing into the water to cool off.

The dive threw up a selection of sea lemons for Jester and I, while the surface interval threw up technical problems that meant I gave Jester my kit for the second dive. I didn't mind, I'd had a good weekend.


Seamouse

Northern sunstar

First nudi of the day

Josh's first nudis

Sea lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment