Sunday 15 May 2016

Wet 'n' Wildlife - 12/05/2016

After the weekend's heroics it was back to a more sedate shore dive with the Zookeeper and Jester. We piled everything into The Beast and headed west. In the end we lazily plumped for St Catherine's, which on a fine night is ideal for high jinks.

Having kitted up quickest, I was getting hot. I headed into the water and waited. The vis seemed promising, around 4m. Once all were ready we headed down. The Zookeeper thought I was narc'd when at the deepest point of our dive when I started knocking my malfunctioning camera off a rock. In fact, the memory card was malfunctioning. Naturally, banging it on a rock resolved the situation, though made me look crazy. Them's the breaks, but you get to enjoy a 2nd rate photograph of a northern/purple sunstar.

We worked our way back up nice and slowly seeing a few nice creatures en route.

As we surfaced, the discussion centred on those who emerged wet. Jester it seemed emerged cold and wet enough that he feared he'd lost an appendage while the Zookeeper was also had a wet bum. I felt relieved that I was dry. I smugly smiled internally.



Sunstar

Nudi

Scorpion fish

Nudi

Cushion star

No comments:

Post a Comment