Sunday 21 September 2014

Adventures in Macro - 21/09/2014

I take snaps, but I'm not desperately into photography. So while diving with TDFKAMF today a chance surface conversation mentioning macros got me messing about with the "Super Macro" setting on my Sealife DC1400.

The site was St Catherine's, Seal Reef, Loch Fyne. We headed in pretty late in the day and dropped down to the 20m before heading across to the reef. Sadly the visibility was pretty poor - 1-3m at best.


The highlights of the dive were:

  • A nice pipefish
  • Lion's mane jellyfish
  • Some nice big fish around the wee speedboat


However, I spent a fair bit of time trying to take pictures of wee things like sea squirts with this new magical setting I've discovered. The results can be seen below. Pretty poor I'd say, but I'll get better and have since discovered there is a new firmware update. 


Pipefish

Macro Sqaut Lobster

Lion's Mane Jellyfish

Macro Sea Squirt

Macro Sea Squirt

Macro Anemone

No comments:

Post a Comment