Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Sair Finger - 18/03/2014


You've hurt your finger? Puir wee man!  Your pinkie? Deary me! 
Noo, juist you haud it that wey till I get my specs and see!


Fear not readers! I shall not write this whole blog in Scots, my native dialect/language, but given the international readership I shall revert to standard English.


Above are the words of Scottish poet Walter Wingate, somewhat less known than Rabbie Burns, but just as loved. You see, whenever someone hurts their finger here in Scotland you can be assured that someone will quote the opening lines of Walter's most famous poem. We all learnt it as children.


As for me, I hurt my finger while dekitting after this dive, when I accidentally trapped my middle finger between two tanks. Well, it got bigger and bigger and it caused me some discomfort on my last dive, so on Saturday I decided to visit my local Minor Injuries Unit - it's like an A&E for uninspiring injuries.


Turns out the bang seems to have damaged my nail and caused a rather unpleasant puss filling infection. I'm on antibiotics and have to keep the finger clean, which means no diving for a good few days. As it is, the water is still too cold for Gillian and most of my usual buddies such as Laura, Fast Eddie, Andrea et al are all busy with "work".


Pah! Roll on next week!
The swelling begins



No comments:

Post a Comment